GRFW Camp Intern
This is a special opportunity for older, experienced campers to get more involved behind the scenes at camp, develop leadership skills and transition into becoming a GRFW volunteer or organizer in the future.
A limited number of intern positions are available for girls ages 14-17 who have attended Girls Rock Fort Worth summer camp in the past. Interns will have the option of forming an “Intern Band,” rehearsing during camp week and performing at the showcase. Interns assist in instrument instruction, band practice, assemblies and serving as roadies. You may also apprentice for sound, learn and play the camp song during assemblies and at the Showcase. They will be required to be part of our general support crew and roadie crew during camp week.
Interns must be available at minimum Sunday, July 9th – Saturday July 14th, 2018. Availability before and after those dates is a big plus. Interns do not pay to attend camp. Recommendation letters and proof of internship are happily granted upon completion of your internship.
Requirements to Apply:
- At least 14 years old at the time of camp
- Attended Girls Rock Camp previously
Duties at Camp:
- Assist with Load In/Out
- Greeting campers on the first day of Camp
- Assist with assemblies including but not limited to:
- Leading Punk Rock Aerobics
- Performing Skits
- Learn to play Camp Song & help teach it to other campers during Afternoon Assemblies
- Participate in a camp band
- Complete a group project (such as creating a zine or presenting a workshop)
- Play Camp Song at the Showcase
- Assist with Ticket & Merch Table at Showcase